Can't Get Enough!
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
What you will need:
· One 15 ounce can of already cooked chickpeas
· 1 small fennel bulb, finely chopped
· 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
· 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
· 1 small tomato diced
· 5 stems parsley - leaves removed and chopped
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· juice of 1 lemon
· Salt, pepper, basil, and oregano to taste
· Whole wheat or ezekial sandwich bread
· 1 tsp mayonnaise for bread (optional)
· 2 Romaine lettuce leaves
What you will do:
1. In a large bowl, mix together chickpeas, fennel, red onion, garlic, and tomato. Using a pastry cutter, fork, or food processor, smash the ingredients together until the chickpeas are all broken into small bits (the aim is for all of the ingredients to be more or less the same size.
2. Add olive oil, the juice of one lemon, and fresh herbs and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Layer the chickpea salad between toasted sandwich bread (or on tope of one for an open faced) along with lettuce and mayonnaise.