Monday night's #COREFITDINNERFIX
Monday nights CORE FIT dinner fix - roasted pork loin, potatoes and broccoli! Getting in our protein, carbs, fats and greens 💪 Does anyone have any recipe ideas we can try for next weeks CORE FIT dinner fix?🍴
What You Need:
· 2.5 lb boneless pork tenderloin
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 6 fresh garlic cloves, 3 peeled and minced and 3 peeled and sliced
· 1 tsp dried rosemary
· 1 tsp dried basil
· 1 tsp dried thyme
· ½ tsp dried sage
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F) and, using a pairing knife, pierce the pork loin 8-10 times so the garlic herb mixture can soak into the meat.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper
- Take the sliced garlic and push into the slits in meat you made earlier
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, minced garlic, dried herbs, then slather all over the pork loin.
- Then sprinkle the meat with additional dry herbs.
- Roast the pork for 20 minutes, baste with drippings, then lower the heat to 325 and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees (F).
Remove pork loin from oven and allow to rest for minutes before slicing.
I also diced up potatoes and cooked them on the same baking sheet the pork was on. Lightly drizzled them with olive oil. Then, once I pulled the pork out – I sprinkled the potatoes with salt and rosemary and broiled them on high for about 5 minutes (or until crispy). Watch the broil because ovens vary in temperature and I have incinerated many things!