Sunday Blueberry Muffins
What you will need:
2 cups of flour (or gluten free flour)
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
What you will do:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with butter or nonstick spray or line tray with paper baking cups
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and 1 1/4 cups of sugar until very light and fluffy about 10-15 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl often. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add half the flour mixture and beat until just blended. Beat in buttermilk, then add remaining flour mixture and beat until blended. Gently fold the blueberries and walnuts into the batter.
5. Spoon batter into prepared baking cups.
6. Place pan in oven and immediately reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Move to wire rack to cool completely.