It’s okay to eat fries when they’re orange! 🍟
Don’t you just love sweet potatoes? They’re such a fall staple in my mind!
I use them in all my meals and even in snacks sometimes.
You can’t beat their health benefits and there are so many ways to make them delicious!
Today I want to share an amazing Spicy Sweet Potato Fries recipe with you from Primavera Kitchen. (www.primaverakitchen.com)
But first… here are SEVEN incredible benefits of sweet potatoes:
1. Natural anti-inflammatory. Sweet potatoes are full of antioxidants, which are natural anti-inflammatory agents, as well as choline, which helps with inflammation, sleep, learning, memory and muscle movement!
2. Potassium. Sweet potatoes are one of the highest vegetable sources of potassium, containing almost 500mg.
3. Vitamin C. Also known as ascorbic acid, Vitamin C is naturally found in vegetables and fruits and is hugely beneficial for things like heart disease, protection against free radicals in the body, the absorption of iron and reducing cholesterol levels.
4. Vitamin A, which is beneficial to hormone health. This is especially good for women during pregnancy and lactation.
5. Magnesium. It helps nerve function, regulates blood pressure, controls blood sugar; it is a neurotransmitter release, it energizes the metabolism and is good for protein synthesis.
6. Fat-free and full of fiber. This makes these vegetables a great food for weight loss and for the digestive system and the process of foods through the body.
7. Good for the skin. Eating sweet potatoes encourages glowing, healthy skin and collagen growth.
Ok, here’s the promised tasty recipe!
Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2 mediums sweet potato — peeled and cut into matchsticks
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon coriander
Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl toss sweet potato with oil to coat. Sprinkle with paprika, coriander, salt and pepper.
Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
Place the tray in the oven and bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown. It’s about between 15-20 minutes. The bake timing will depend on the power of your oven.
Let sweet potatoes cool down for 5 minutes before serving.