For the Salad (1 serving)
· 4 oz. Lillie’s Greek marinated grilled chicken (recipe below) OR you can use rotisserie chicken or any other chicken that is easy for you to make or buy!
· 1 ½ cups arugula and spinach mix
· ½ cup shredded red cabbage
· 1 serving Lillie’s tzatziki (recipe below)
· 2 servings Lillie’s cucumber salsa (recipe below)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy! May also serve on pita as pictured!
Lillie’s Greek Marinated Grilled Chicken Recipe (9 servings)
· 2 pounds chicken breasts
· 4 tbs. fresh oregano
· ¼ cup parsley fresh or dry
· 7 cloves garlic
· 2 whole lemons
· 1 tbsp. olive oil
· ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
· 1 tsp. cumin ground
· 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
· ½ tsp. black pepper
Chop chicken into 1.5 inch pieces and place in a large Ziplock. Whisk together all marinade ingredients, pour over the chicken, and seal the bag. Move it all around to make sure it's fully covered. Marinate up to two hours. With so much acid and so little fat, you don't want this to marinate all night or can make the chicken tough. Use metal skewers OR soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to help avoid burning. Then thread your chicken, making sure to leave some ends to grab. Spray the skewered chicken with a mist of cooking spray on each side, sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt, and grill on a preheated, oiled grill pan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side, until you have a nice color and it's cooked through. If chopping and skewering is too time intensive, marinate tenderloins and just put it on the grill!
Lillie’s Cucumber Salsa (Serves 8)
· 3 cucumbers
· 2 cups roma tomatoes
· 1 cup red onion, chopped
· 1 cup raw red bell peppers chopped (optional)
· 1 tbs. olive oil
· ¼ cup fat free feta cheese
· 4 tbs. mint (fresh)
· 1 lemon
Chop all your veggies nice and small. Toss with feta, 1/4-1/2 cup of fresh mint, lemon juice from 1 whole lemon, 1 tbs. olive oil and salt and pepper. Peppers optional.
Lillie’s Tzatziki (Serves 8)
· 1 8 oz. container plain greek yogurt, nonfat
· 3 cloves garlic
· ½ cucumber
· 1 tbs. mint (fresh)
· ½ tbs. olive oil
· ¼ tsp. sea salt
· ¼ tsp. black pepper
· ¼ cup fat free milk
Grate the cucumber, drain and squeeze excess water out in a paper towel. Or just dice it up! Combine with all other ingredients and add milk. Try to make this ahead of time so it can sit and marinate for about 30 minutes.
Adapted from Lillie Loves Macros